This comprehensive and concise introductory text for management students is exceptional in that it integrates quality as a theme throughout. It provides an authoritative examination of the principles of management and although it is based on the guidelines of TQM, it also covers the management fundamentals of planning, organizing, directing and controling.Features include:A quality, international, ethics and diversity exhibit in each chapterCritical thinking questions at the end of each major section within each chapterChapter summariesDefinitions of key terms as they appear.The book contains eighteen chapters and is therefore manageable and easy to use. To aid student learning, extensive case studies are included throughout, based on over 125 international companies such as Coca-Cola, General Motors, Ford Motor Company, Honda and the Disney Corporation. Cases specific to TQM are integrated throughout each chapter and key terms are highlighted for ease of use. Further teaching aids include a complete Instructor's Manual and a computerised test bank.
"I would adopt the text because it does a much better job of marrying the principles of management with the issue of total quality control than any text I have found. Stahl does an excellent job in both style and coverage." Fred T. Whitman, Mary Washington College
1. Managers and Organizations Today.
2. The Evolution Toward Total Quality Management.
3. International Competition and Management.
4. Managerial Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Part II: Planning and Strategic Management for Customer Value:.
5. Decision Making, Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement.
6. Corporate and Competitive Strategy.
7. Customer Value Strategy.
Part III: Organizing for Total Quality:.
8. Organizational Structure and Design.
9. Managing Human Resource Systems.
10. Organizational Culture and Change.
Part IV: Behavioral Processes:.
14. Teams and Groups.
Part V: Control and Systems Improvement:.
15. Statistical and Other Quality Tools for Systems Improvement.
16. Management Information Systems.
17. Managing Technology and Technological Change.
18. Operations Management for Control and Improvement.
Number Of Pages: 580
Published: 16th March 1995
Publisher: Basil Blackwell Inc, US
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.46 x 19.38 x 3.03
Edition Number: 1