Kris Cole continues to pave the way for budding managers, providing hands on practical concepts and theoretical approaches in the new sixth edition of her best-selling textbook - Management - Theory and Practice.
This market-leading textbook continues to provide students with rigorous information, whilst balancing the key topics with a practical approach, through real life case studies, examples and problem solving techniques. Using everyday business terms and language puts management in a context that makes it easy to understand by all types of learners. In addition, it will enable you to strengthen skills in areas such as managing poor performance, being more directive and solving problems permanently.
New to the Edition
- Chapter overviews establish learning objectives and provide a framework for revision and exam preparation. Chapter opening scenarios set the chapter contents in a work context
- The strategic perspective boxes provide a strategic overview of the theory to help students understand it in a wider context
- Theory to practice boxes show how the chapter content applies to real-life workplace situations
- Action! boxes prompt students to CourseMate Express and give them guidance in how to use the digital resources that are included with this book
- End-of-chapter activities give students the opportunity to test their knowledge, apply skills and consolidate learning through the Quick review, Build your skills and Workplace activities sections
- Case studies cover a variety of industries and sectors, encouraging students to integrate and apply the concepts discussed in the chapter to the workplace
- Instructor Support Package, including Test Banks, customisable PowerPoint Presentations, Videos, Solutions, Metacognition questions, Artwork from the text and so much more.
About the Author
- Revised with new content, case studies, examples, diagrams and artwork to reinforce key topics for visual learners
- Detailed Competency Mapping grids shows you how the following qualifications are covered in this book: • BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management • BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management. Speak to your local Cengage Learning Consultant for price and packaging options
- LEARNER GUIDES These assessments are cross-referenced to the text and include written assessments, project assessment, trainer interviews and checklists. Use them to test if your students are competent in the skills required by the training package. Speak to your local Cengage Learning Consultant for price and packaging options
- Test Bank questions, which cover the learning objectives and key topics, have been prepared for your use. These are available in Word file format and can be uploaded directly into your learning management system and customised to meet your students’ learning requirements.
- New chapter on Planning and Managing Projects, with greater emphasis on Team Leadership skills, digital futures and technologies
- CourseMate Express website for students includes a suite of interactive resources designed to support your learning, revision and further research. Includes: • Videos • Simulations • Self-tests, checklists and templates • Revision quizzes • Chapter endnotes • Glossary and flashcards
- Search me! Management. Fast and convenient, this resource provides you with 24-hour access to full-text articles from hundreds of scholarly and popular journals and newspapers, including The Australian and The New York Times. Search me! allows you to explore topics further and find current references
Kris Cole is Australia’s best-selling business author. Kris is also a highly regarded management consultant, keynote speaker and an authority on productivity, performance management, leadership and effective communication. She has created and led management training programs and assisted countless businesses, government organisations and not-for-profit organisations across Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia, to maximise their workplace effectiveness and productivity. Kris has a practical approach and a clear grasp of bottom line issues. Her books highlight current trends, benchmarks and best practices. In addition, her texts are known for their down-to-earth, engaging style. They offer practical ideas backed by solid knowledge, pertinent research and integration of everyday examples of how to lead, communicate, prioritise tasks and thrive in a changing work environment. Her qualifications include Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Industrial Psychology, a Post-Graduate Diploma in Manufacturing Technology and a Graduate Certificate in Adult Education. Kris also established her consulting company, Bax Associates, more than 20 years ago.