Announced in 1957 this fiberglass monocoque did not go into full production until 1959 when the new factory at Cheshunt was opened. Coventry Climax supplied complete engines mated to BMC's B-series gearbox. The fully trimmed body shells were produced by Maximar. The Series 2 had bodies made to a higher standard by Bristol with some interior changes. The SE version had more power and performance, and could also be specified with Stage II tuning. Due to difficulties in distribution and pricing the car was offered in component form in 1961. This is a book of contemporary road tests, specification and technical data, driver's impressions, racing, long term tests, history.