The most entertaining and informative pocket guides for short-trip travellers
Discover the best of London with this compact, practical, entertaining Pocket Rough Guide.
This slim, trim treasure trove of trustworthy travel information is ideal for short-trip travellers and covers all the key sights Buckingham Palace, British Museum, Somerset House, restaurants, shops, cafes and bars, plus inspired ideas for day-trips, with honest and independent recommendations from expert authors.
Features of Pocket Rough Guide London:
- Practical travel tips: what to see and where to sleep, eat, drink and shop - Pocket Rough Guide London features specially selected recommendations to suit all tastes and budgets.
- Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our expert writers will help you make the most of your trip to London.
- Incisive area-by-area overviews: covering Soho, Kensington, Hampstead and more, the practical Places section provides all you need to know about must-see sights and the best places to eat, drink, sleep and shop.
- Time-saving itineraries: the routes suggested by Rough Guides' expert writers cover top attractions like Trafalgar Square and Tate Modern, and hidden gems like Little Venice and Sir John Soane's Museum.
- Day-trips - venture further afield to Kew or Hampton Court. This tells you why to go, how to get there, and what to see when you arrive.
- Compact format: packed with pertinent practical information, this guide is the perfect companion when you're out and about exploring London.
- Handy pull-out map: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the pull-out map makes on-the-ground navigation easy.
- Attractive user-friendly design: features fresh magazine-style layout, inspirational colour photography and colour-coded maps throughout.
- Essentials: includes invaluable background information on how to get to London, getting around, health, tourist information, festivals and events, plus an A-Z directory and handy language section and glossary.
- Covers: Whitehall and Westminster, St James's, Mayfair and Marylebone, Soho and Covent Garden, Bloomsbury, the City, the East End, the Tower and Docklands, South Bank and around, Bankside and Southwark, Kensington and Chelsea, Regent's Park and Camden, Hampstead and Highgate, Greenwich, Kew and Richmond and Hampton Court.
Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.