Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, 4th Edition is the most comprehensive go-to reference for essential information about all aspects of professional nursing care of patients.
Using the nursing process as a framework for practice, the fourth edition has been extensively revised to reflect the rapid changing nature of nursing practice and the increasing focus on key nursing care priorities.
Building on the strengths of the third Australian and New Zealand edition and incorporating relevant global nursing research and practice from the prominent US title Medical-Surgical Nursing, 9Th Edition, Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing, 4th Edition is an essential resource for students seeking to understand the role of the professional nurse in the contemporary health environment.
• Undergraduate Nursing Students
• Postgraduate Specialist Nursing Pathways (Advanced Medical Surgical Nursing)
• TAFE Bachelor of Nursing Program
• 49 expert contributors from Australia and New Zealand
• Current research data and Australian and New Zealand statistics
• Focus on evidence-based practice
• Review questions and clinical reasoning exercises
• Evolve Resources for instructor and student, including quick quiz’s, test banks, review questions, image gallery and videos.
New to This Edition
• Chapter on current national patient safety and clinical reasoning
• Over 80 new and revised case studies
• Chapter on rural and remote area nursing
• Fully revised chapter on chronic illness and complex care
• Chapter on patient safety and clinical reasoning
• Greater emphasis on contemporary health issues, such as obesity and emergency and disaster nursing
• Australia and New Zealand sociocultural focus
About the Author
By Diane Brown, RN, PhD, MCN, AFCHSM, Professor of Clinical Nursing, Graduate School of Health Practice, Charles Darwin University, (formerly UTS), Australia; Helen Edwards, OAM, DipAppSc., BA(Hons), PhD, RN, FRCNA, Professor, Head, School of Nursing, Queensland University of Technology, QLD, Australia; Lesley Seaton and Thomas Buckley
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
I love it! It is a big help in my Nursing course
Very comprehensive for the university nursing student, but can be a bit dry, the illustrations are informative and the chapters well laid out in a logical manner.
This book was essential reading for my Nursing course. It is well written . It is a big heavy book so not the kind you can carry around but is a great reference book for assignments. It is easy to read, navigate and understand.
Very good book for student nurses learning about med-surg. Great examples of care plans you can find online from this book. Book came to NZ in 5 days
Audience: Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 1082
Published: 31st October 2014
Publisher: Elsevier Australia
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 27.6 x 21.6 x 2.2
Weight (kg): 0.38
Edition Number: 4
Edition Type: Revised