Latin Fiction provides a chronological study of the Roman novel from the Classical period to the Middle Ages, exploring the development of the novel and the continuity of Latin culture. Essays by eminent and international contributors discuss texts including:
* Petronius, Satyrica and Cena Trimalchionis
* Apuleius, Metamorphose(The Golden Ass) and The Tale of Cupid and Psyche
* The History of Apollonius of Tyre
* The Trojan tales of Dares Phrygius and Dictys Cretensis
* The Latin Alexander
* Hagiographic fiction
* Medieval interpretations of Cupid and Pysche, Apollonius of Tyre and the Alexander Romance.
For any student or scholar of Latin fiction, or literary history, this will definitely be a book to add to your reading list.