Language Therapy offers a comprehensive approach to dealing with the problem of language delay using therapy based on the LARSP and the Laura Lee frameworks.
Book One - Guidelines for Assessment and Therapy.
1. Assessment - the Baseline of Therapy.
2. Planning a Session.
3. The Importance of Reception.
4. Creating Relevance and Context: situtational; intentional linguistic; listener and conversational.
8. Home Visiting.
9. School Vist.
Book Two - LARSP - Techniques and Suggestions for each Stage.
1. Stage 1: Vocalisation and the First Lexicon.
2. LARSP - Stage I.
3. Stages II-IV - Developing Language Complexity.
4. Stage II - Clauses.
5. Stage III - Expansions.
6. Transition to Stage IV - Expansions.
7. Stage IV - Clauses.
8. Stage V - Clauses, Phrases, Word.
9. Stage VI - (+) New types of construction, (-) Errors made on all previous constructions.
Book Three - Therapy with Special Grammatical Categories: The Phrasal Component.
1. Determiners: The article: the , a(n).
2. Pronouns: Definition and description.
3. Verbs: Definition and description.
4. The Negative: Definition and description.
5. Questions: Definition and description.
6. Conjunctions: Definition and description.
7. Adverbs: Definition and description.
8. Adjectives: Definition and description.
9. Prepositions: Definition and description.
Activities to teach prepositions.
Metaphorical use of prepositions.
Number Of Pages: 308
Published: 15th February 2010
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 22.86 x 15.24 x 1.65
Weight (kg): 0.41
Edition Number: 1