In studying the various roles that language, speech and communication play in relations between the sexes, <i>Language, The Sexes and Society</i> identifies and illuminates the processes involved- such as stereotyping, social categorization and discrimination. <br><ul><br><li>Identifies the social, psychological and linguistic processes that underlie sex differences in language. <br><li>Studies the various roles that language, speech and communication play in relations between the sexes and illuminates the processes involved- such as stereotyping, social categorization and discrimination. </li></ul>
1. Major Influences on Language and Sex Research.
2. The Sociogenesis of Relations between the Sexes.
3. Language and the Representation of Women and Men.
4. Feminine and Masculine Speech.
5. The Measurement of Femininity and Masculinity.
6. Judging Masculine and Feminine Social Identities from Speech: Two Experiments.
7. The Management of Interaction.
8. Language, the Sexes and Social Change.
Index of Names.
Index of Subjects.
Series: Language in Society
Number Of Pages: 224
Published: 8th January 1991
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 228.58 x 154.65 x 14.45
Weight (kg): 0.34
Edition Number: 1