The must-have for learners of German
A book that belongs on every German learner’s desk: With around 90,000 headwords, phrases and example sentences, this monolingual Langenscheidt dictionary is the classic German as a foreign language volume.
Comprehensive German vocabulary
Here you can look up the entire vocabulary of the German language: You can instantly recognise the main vocabulary because it is highlighted. The volume also includes spoken language and children's language expressions, regional usage and profane language – and everything is of course is labelled accordingly. The dictionary is both user-friendly and handy, whether you’re a translator or are looking for everyday guidance in the foreign language.
Ideal for German as a foreign language
The book is user-friendly and contains many images depicting important word fields and topics. Especially useful for the DaF course: Many info boxes provide the reader with information about the country and its people, grammar and language usage. It gives you a better understanding of the German language and the special characteristics of the country.
- For school, university and work: The German dictionary for everyone who wants to learn German. With easy-to-understand word explanations and many pictures
- Comprehensive standard work: With around 90,000 headwords, phrases and example sentences, this volume is ideal for self-learners, students and translators
- Must-have for DaF: The dictionary is an indispensable reference work for everyone who wants to teach German as a foreign language and for DaF students
- Comprehensive and easy to understand: Info boxes provide the reader with detailed information about the country and its people, grammar and language usage
- Quick look-up: The coloured highlighting of the headwords makes the dictionary particularly clear and search-friendly
- Very user-friendly: The main vocabulary and colloquial expressions, regional variations etc. are highlighted