Kumar & Clark's Clinical Medicine 8 builds on the prize-winning formula that won the first prize in the BMA Book Awards Medicine Category in 2010 (7th edition) and 2006 (6th edition).
New to this edition:
- New chapter on palliative medicine.
- Five times the number of margin clinical photos.
- New echocardiography images.
- Double the number of dermatological images; including all the major lesion morphologies covered in a single page.
- 16 new authors.
- New sections on protein synthesis, energy production and stem cells.
- New members of the International Advisory Board from India, South Africa, Poland and the Middle East.
- 7 new online chapters from the International Advisory Board.
Key online features:
- 30 extra short chapters online, written by members of the International Advisory Board to cover key international issues, such as malaria, envenoming and HIV.
- Animated practical procedures, including lumbar puncture, central venous and bladder catheterization, arterial cannulation etc.
- heart and lung sounds, and
interactive surface anatomy available online.
- One-year's online access to the new edition of Goldman's Cecil Medicine - 2704 more pages of definitive medical reference.
- Full text and downloadable images online through StudentConsult.
- Add your own notes and bookmarks. Search across all the StudentConsult resources you own online in one place.
'This book is comprehensive, student friendly (if still intimidating in size!) and covers such a vast breadth of knowledge. It still remains the primary 'must-have' text book of any budding doctor, or qualified one at that. This book is stunning in its breadth and in its ease of use. It still remains as the 'gold-standard' thorough guide to clinical medicine its forefathers were.' BMA Judges 2010
'This is one of a select few books that deserves to be in most doctors' personal possession and it's as simple as that. ...' Dr Harry Brown.
1 Ethics D Bowman
Communication A Cushing
2 Molecular cell biology and genetic disorders D Kelsell, C Byrne and K Linton
3 The immune system and disease M Peakman
4 Infectious diseases, tropical medicine and sexually-transmitted infection RG Finch, WL Irving, P Moss and J Anderson
5 Nutrition M Elia
6 Gastrointestinal disease J Lindsay, L Langmead and S Preston
7 Liver, biliary tract and pancreatic disease AK Burroughs, D Westaby and G Dusheiko
8 Haematological disease MF Murphy, J Wainscoat and KJ Pasi
9 Malignant disease CJ Gallagher, TA Lister and M Smith
10 Palliative medicine and symptom control MJ Johnson, G Eva and S Booth
11 Rheumatology and bone disease M Shipley, A Rahman, D O'Gradaigh and R Conway
12 Renal disease MM Yaqoob
13 Water, electrolytes and acid-base balance MM Yaqoob
14 Cardiovascular disease AJ Camm and N Bunce
15 Respiratory disease AJ Frew and S Doffman
16 Critical care medicine CJ Hinds, D Watson and R Pearse
17 Drug therapy and poisoning M Rawlins and JA Vale
18 Environmental medicine ML Clark and CRA Clarke
19 Endocrine disease TA Howlett and MJ Levy
20 Diabetes mellitus and other disorders of metabolism EAM Gale and JV Anderson
21 The special senses M Harries, F Vaz, S Verma and R Hamilton
22 Neurological disease P Jarman
23 Psychological medicine PD White and J Bourke
24 Skin disease DG Paige
Tertiary; University or College
Combined Pack with 2 or more items
Number Of Pages: 1304
Published: 20th July 2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 27.5 x 21.5
Weight (kg): 3.22
Edition Number: 8
Edition Type: Revised