The two-volume reference work <b><i>Chemical Technology and the Environment</i></b> provides readers with knowledge on contemporary issues in environmental pollution, prevention and control, as well as regulatory, health and safety issues as related to chemical technology. It introduces and expands the knowledge on emerging "green" materials and processes and "greener" energy technology, as well as more general concepts and methodology including sustainable development and chemistry and green chemistry. Based on Wiley's renowned, <i>Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology</i>, this compact reference features the same breadth and quality of coverage and clarity of presentation found in the original.
?These two volumes can readily aid the individual researcher and should be on the shelves of any competent library of information about chemical technology and its role in the environment.? (Clean Techn Environ Policy, 2011)"?a good addition to libraries that serve the needs of those who are interested in environmental stewardship, sustainability, and sustainable development." (Journal of Environmental Quality, January-February 2008)
1. Green Chemistry.
2. Life Cycle Assessment.
3. Sustainable Development and Chemistry.
4. Coating Processes, Powder.
5. Enzyme Applications, Industrial.
7. Herbicides, Biotechnology.
8. Hydrothermal Processing.
9. Ionic Liquids.
10. Membrane Technology.
12. Microbial Transformations.
13. Microwave Technology Chemical Synthesis Applications.
14. Molecular Sieves.
15. Photothermographic and Thermographic Imaging Materials.
16. Process Integration Technology.
17. Supercritical Fluids.
18. Water Desalination.
Materials from Renewable Resources.
21. Flax Fiber.
23. Hydroxycarboxylic Acids.
25. Polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA).
32. Biomass Energy.
33. Energy Management.
34. Fuel Cells.
35. Hydrogen Energy.
36. Photovoltaic Cells.
37. Renewable Energy Resources.
38. Solar Energy Materials.
Pollution, and Pollution Prevention and Control.
39. Air Pollution.
40. Air Pollution and Control, Indoor.
41. Air Pollution, Control Methods.
43. Dyes, Environmental Chemistry.
44. Emission Control, Automotive.
45. Emission Control, Industrial.
46. Environmental Impact Assessment.
47. Groundwater Monitoring.
48. Halogenated Hydrocarbons, Toxicity and Environmental Impact.
49. Hazardous Waste Incinerators.
50. Hydrogen Peroxide.
53. Soil Chemistry of Pesticides.
54. Sulfur and Hydrogen Sulfide Recovery.
55. Waste Management, Hazardous.
56. Waste Management, Radioactive.
57. Waste Management, Solid.
58. Wastewater Treatment.
59. Water Treatment.
Regulatory, Health, and Safety.
60. Arsenic Environmental Impact, Health Effects, and Treatment Methods.
63. Flame Retardants.
64. Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment.
65. Industrial Hygiene.
69. Regulatory Agencies.
71. Solvents, Industrial.
Number Of Pages: 2573
Published: 8th June 2007
Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 25.91 x 18.42 x 12.7
Weight (kg): 4.56
Edition Number: 1