Get a concise introduction to Spring, the increasingly popular open source framework for building lightweight enterprise applications on the Java platform. This example-driven book for Java developers delves into the framework's basic features, as well as advanced concepts such as containers. You'll learn how Spring makes Java Messaging Service easier to work with, and how its support for Hibernate helps you work with data persistence and retrieval.
Throughout Just Spring, you'll get your hands deep into sample code, beginning with a problem that illustrates dependency injection, Spring's core principle. In the chapters that follow, author Madhusudhan Konda walks you through features that underlie the solution.
- Learn dependency injection through a simple object coupling problem, along with different injection types
- Tackle the framework's core fundamentals, including beans and bean factories
- Dive into containers and other advanced concepts, such as event handling and autowiring beans
- Discover how Spring makes the Java Messaging Service API easier to use
- Learn how Spring has revolutionized data access with Java DataBase Connectivity (JDBC)
- Use Spring with the Hibernate framework to manipulate data as objects
Series: Real Time Bks.
Number Of Pages: 62
Published: 5th August 2011
Publisher: O'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.3 x 17.8
Weight (kg): 0.12