Jensen began as a small coach-building firm run by brothers Richard and Alan Jensen. They also started to design their first true production car under the name White Lady which later evolved into the Jensen S-type. Their first post-war car was the PW saloon which was built from 1946 through to 1951. In 1950 came the first generation Interceptor. Production of the Jensen 541 started in 1954. This had fiberglass bodywork with aluminum doors. It was also a well-equipped luxurious car. Production ended in 1959. The Jensen C-V8 - one of the fastest production four seaters at the time - was launched in October 1962. The styling was controversial and perhaps contributed to a relatively small production from 1962 to 1966 of 500 cars.