A fun and helpful resource for anyone interested in learning some Japanese—whether you're 5 or 100!
This picture dictionary covers the 1,500 most useful Japanese words and phrases. Each word and sentence is given in Japanese script—with a Romanized version to help you pronounce it correctly—along with the English meaning.
The words are grouped into 40 different themes or topics, including basics like meeting someone new and using public transportation to culture-specific topics like celebrating Japanese holidays and eating Japanese food.
This colorful picture dictionary includes:
Japanese Picture Dictionary
- Hundreds of color photographs
- 1,500 Japanese words and phrases
- 40 different topics—from social media and WiFi to paying and counting
- Example sentences showing how the words are used
- Companion online audio recordings by native Japanese speakers of all the vocabulary and sentences
- An introduction to Japanese pronunciation and grammar
- An index to allow you to quickly look up words
makes language learning more fun than traditional phrasebooks. This resource is perfect for beginners of all ages—curious kids, visual learners and future travelers to Japan.
Series: Tuttle Picture Dictionary
For Ages: 9 - 12 years old
For Grades: 4 - 7
Number Of Pages: 96
Published: 1st January 2019
Publisher: Tuttle Publishing
Country of Publication: JP
Dimensions (cm): 25.4 x 19.1
Weight (kg): 0.66