DK Eyewitness travel guides: award-winning guidebooks
Discover Japan with this essential travel guide, designed to help you create your own unique trip and to transport you to this fascinating country before you've even packed your case - catch the buzz of futuristic Tokyo, step back in time in Kyoto, hike in mountainous Hokkaido or snorkel in Okinawa's clear waters. The DK Eyewitness Guide to Japan covers the must-see sights and the hidden backstreets, so you won't miss a thing.
• Gorgeous, all-new colour photography so you can imagine yourself there
• Reasons to love Japan: incredible culture, natural wonders, a unique culinary scene - what will yours be?
• See Japan from a different angle - 30 pages of fresh ideas for exploring this spectacular country
• A year-long calendar of events in Japan gives a selection of celebrations and festivals for all seasons
• Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around and stay safe
• Detailed, colour maps help you navigate the country with ease
• Expert tips to make memories that last - where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
• The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
• Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries cover the whole country, with plenty of eat and drink stops en route
• Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including Tokyo's Senso-ji Temple, Kyoto's Nijo Castle and the majestic Himeji Castle
• Covers Tokyo; Central Honshu; Kyoto City; Western Honshu; Shikoku; Kyushu; Okinawa; Northern Honshu; and Hokkaido
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Japan is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
On a shorter trip? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Tokyo.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: For 25 years, DK's beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. This year they have been given a stunning new look that you will love even more. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
"Known... for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." -- Chicago Tribune
"The best option... Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." -- The Philadelphia Inquirer