An Essential Guide to Landing -- and Keeping -- Your first Hollywood Job
A position as an assistant to a producer, agent, director, studio executive, or star can be the path to a fabulous career -- or a one-way ticket to hell. How can the aspiring Hollywood assistant quickly learn the inside track to success while avoiding the land mines? It's All Your Fault is the answer. Written by two former Hollywood assistants who've been there and done that, It's All Your Fault is bursting with hard-earned advice, from figuring out who's who and who isn't to sex, drugs, and other work-related issues. Filled with outrageous anecdotes and countless celebrity stories, It's All Your Fault proves an indispensable addition to the nightstand of every wannabe Hollywood mover and shaker.
Kevin Williamson Scream; Dawson's Creek Hysterical and frighteningly true. Not just for the aspiring Hollywood player, but for anyone who's ever confused Sweet 'N Low with Equal. And gotten fired for it.
I. Coming Attractions
1. The Preview
2. Why Should You Listen to Us?
II. Picking Your Poison
3. Assisting a Star: Feeling Julia Roberts's Pain
4. Assisting a Director: Lights! Camera! Protein Shake!
5. Assisting an Agent or Manager: How to be Satan's Handmaiden
6. Assisting a Producer: The Best of Times, the Worst of Times
7. Assisting a Studio Executive: An Ideal Job for Someone in the Witness Protection Program
III. Finding Your Place Among the Stars
8. What to Do If Your Last Name Isn't Spielberg
9. Padding Your Résumé: It's No Less Ethical Than the Wonderbra
10. Internships: How to Gain Valuable Experience While Xeroxing
11. Congratulations on Your New Job
12. Moving In: Life at the Bottom of the Hollywood Hills
IV. It's All Your Fault!
What Your Job Really Entails
13. Meet the Telephone, Your New Best Friend
14. Don't Look a Gift Basket in the Mouth
15. The Art of the Meeting
16. How to (Not) Read a Script
17. When Pigs Fly: The Art of Hollywood Travel
18. You'll Never Reschedule Lunch in This Town Again
19. The Domestic Drama: Even Michelle Pfeiffer's Toilet Floods
V. The Wrap Party
20. Sex, Drugs, and Other Work-Related Issues
21. From Under the Red Carpet: Assistant Life at a Hollywood Premiere
22. NYC vs. L.A.: Central Park vs. Valet Park
23. www.assistant.calm: The Hollywood Wide Web
24. It's Not Just a Job...It's an Adventure in Codependency
25. Frequently Annoying Questions
26. Roll End Credits: The Recap
Number Of Pages: 240
Published: 15th June 2010