This book is in the Principles of Export Guidebooks series published in association with the Institute of Export. Each book covers a core area in the Institute's renowned membership qualification.Based on the International Marketing Research module of the syllabus of the Institute of Export this book offers a comprehensive guide to the issues involved in assessing export markets.The structure of the book lays out in a clear and authoritative manner the central aspects of both selecting markets then researching them in detail.Key topics covered include:* Assessing market potential and making the selection decision.* Market research and sources of information.* Collecting and using market data.* Creating the marketing plan and monitoring performance.Every chapter has test questions allowing the student to measure their knowledge. The practical approach the book takes will make it ideal for those taking professional exams in the field, for executives in exporting businesses and for the general business reader.
List of Figures and Tables.
Series Editor's Introduction.
About The Institute of Export Examinations.
1. Export Markets.
2. What Influences Market Selection?.
3. Making the Selection Decision.
4. Why is Market Research Needed?.
5. Sources of Information.
6. Methods of Collecting Information.
7. The Market Research Brief.
8. Questions and Questionnaires.
9. The Export Marketing Plan.
10. Monitoring and Control of the Plan.
11. Numerical and Statistical Analysis.
13. Some Other Numerical and Statistical Aspects.
14. Suggested Answers to Questions for Discussion.