- Each chapter contains numerous case studies and real world examples illustrating how businesses increase productivity, improve efficiency, enhance communication and collaboration, and gain a competitive edge through the use of ITs. Faculty will appreciate a variety of options for reinforcing student learning, that include three Case Studies per chapter, including an opening case, a business case and a video case.
- IT at Work boxes spotlight real-world cases and innovative uses of IT.
- Tech Note boxes explore topics such as “4G and 5G Networks in 2018” and “Data transfers to mainframes.”
- Career Insight boxes highlight different jobs in the IT for management field.
- Analyze and Decide questions help students apply IT concepts to business decisions.
WileyPLUS: WileyPLUS is an innovative, interactive online environment that supports positive learning outcomes by providing a variety of study tools and resources for your students. For you, WileyPLUS offers a solution for teaching with current, engaging and relevant content quickly and easily.
Part 1: Digital Technology Trends Transforming How Business is Done
Chapter 1: Doing Business in Digital Times
Chapter 2: Data Governance and IT Architecture Support Long-Term Performance
Chapter 3: Data Management, Big Data Analytics & Records Management
Chapter 4: Networks for Efficient Operations and Sustainability
Chapter 5: CyberSecurity and Risk Management
Part 2: Winning, Engaging, and Retaining Consumers with Technology
Chapter 6: Attracting Buyers with Search, Semantic, and Recommendation Technology
Chapter 7: Social Networking, Engagement and Social Metrics
Chapter 8: Retail, E-commerce and Mobile Commerce Technology
Part 3: Optimizing Performance with Enterprise Systems and Analytics
Chapter 9: Effective and Efficient Business Functions
Chapter 10: Strategic Technology and Enterprise Systems
Chapter 11: Data Visualization and Geographic Information Systems
Part 4: Managing Business Relationships, Projects, and Codes of Ethics
Chapter 12: IT Strategy and Balanced Scorecard
Chapter 13: Project Management and SDLC
Chapter 14: Ethical Risks and Responsibilities of IT Innovations