Has modern scholarship debunked the traditional Christ Has the church suppressed the truth about Jesus to advance its own agenda What if the real Jesus is far different from the atoning Savior worshipped through the centuries
In Defense of Jesus, the follow up to the bestselling book Case for Christ, former award-winning legal editor Lee Strobel explores such hot-button questions as:
- Did the church suppress ancient non-biblical documents that paint a more accurate picture of Jesus than the four Gospels
- Did the church distort the truth about Jesus by tampering with early New Testament texts
- Do new insights and explanations disprove the resurrection
- Have fresh arguments disqualified Jesus from being the Messiah
- Did Christianity steal its core ideas from earlier mythology
Evaluate the arguments and evidence being advanced by prominent atheists, liberal theologians, Muslim scholars, and others. Sift through expert testimony. Then reach your own verdict with In Defense of Jesus.
About the Author
Lee Strobel was the award-winning legal editor of The Chicago Tribune and is the best-selling author of The Case for Christ, The Case for Faith, The Case for a Creator, and The Case for Grace.
With a journalism degree from the University of Missouri and a Master of Studies in Law degree from Yale, Lee has won four Gold Medallions for publishing excellence and coauthored the Christian Book of the Year. He serves as Professor of Christian Thought at Houston Baptist University.