The ultimate survival guide, "How to Write a Movie in 21 Days" takes the aspiring screenwriter the shortest distance from blank page to complete script.
Viki King's Inner Movie Method is a specific step-by-step process designed to get the story in the writer's onto the page. This method guides the would-be screenwriter through the writing of a movie. It answers such questions as:
- How to clarify the idea you don't quite have yet
- How to tell if your idea is really a movie
- How to move from what you want to say saying it
- How to stop getting ready and start
Once you know what to write, the Inner Movie Method will show you how to write it. It also addresses such issues as:
- How to pay the rent while paying your dues
- What to say to your spouse when you can't come to bed
- How to keep going when you think you can't
For accomplished screenwriters honing their craft, as well as those who never before brought their ideas to paper, "How to Write a Movie in 21 Days" is an indispensable guide. And Viki King's upbeat, friendly style is like having a first-rate writing partner every step of the way.
"Viki King manages to demystify the art and science of screenwriting. Speaking from the heart and later, spotlighting concepts from the head, Viki King presents tactics that place writing in the unstressed context of nonthreatening time management. The idea of eight, nine and ten minute sessions is wonderfully simple, promisingly adaptive, and joyfully do-able."--Maisha Hazzard, Ohio University