Imagine having the ability to draw any subject with precision, detail and expression. With Claudia's help, you can do it!
In How to See, How to Draw, you will discover how to tap into your powers of observation, strengthen your hand-eye connection, and draw the world around you with new skill and accuracy. Just take it one step at a time. Claudia is an expert teacher, breaking down complex compositions into a series of achievable shapes and values that even beginners will understand. Through dozens of mini demonstrations, fun-to-do exercises and complete step-by-step instruction, you'll learn everything from basic drawing techniques to more challenging methods for rendering wonderfully rich, in-depth compositions.
Her visual instruction details how to:
• Use a variety of drawing tools to suit your style and artistic intent
• Learn to let go of preconceived ideas so you can observe lines, shapes and spatial relationships as they actually are
• Create strong compositions through comparison and proportional control
• Find, fix and avoid common mistakes by using simple grids and guide lines
• Understand and work with perspective to create the illusion of depth
• Reveal form through light and shadow
• Explore the potential of texture to create mood and movement
Claudia's drawings illuminate a range of subjects, including portraits, landscapes, animals and still life. You can practice using her reference photos and drawings, or you can apply her exercises to your own subjects. Start today, Claudia's way! Following her masterful guidance, you'll see the world through new eyes and draw better than you ever have before.
About the Author
Claudia Nice is the author of more than a dozen successful North Light books covering basic drawing, sketching, pen, ink and watercolour that have collectively sold more than 400,000 copies. She has also produced two DVDs with ArtistsNetwork.com. She is well known by both fine artists and decorative painters, her friendly voice and clear instruction reaches many artists.