Honor Your Anger is a clearly written, insightful look at a topic that concerns everyone. You can indeed learn to understand and manage your anger, and this book will show you how."<br> --Robert Epstein, Ph.D., West Coast Editor, Psychology Today, Director Emeritus, Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies, University Research Professor, California School of Professional Psychology<br> <br> "A critical first step for people who have trouble getting in touch with their anger and expressing it in direct and appropriate ways."<br> --Virginia Williams, Ph.D., coauthor of Anger Kills and Lifeskills<br> <br> Do you act out your anger in destructive or underhanded ways? Or do you suppress your anger and turn other people's abuse and criticism against yourself? Anger is a normal, healthy emotion. But if it's channeled in negative directions, anger can do real damage to you and your loved ones.<br> <br> In this provocative, healing book, psychotherapist Beverly Engel explains why your personal anger style may be hurting your relationships, your career, and yourself. She then shows you step by step how to transform a negative anger style into a positive one. Once you've discovered how to express your anger in healthy ways, you'll find that anger can empower you, motivate you to make important changes, and help you gain a sense of control over your life.
PART ONE: CHANGE YOUR ANGER STYLE, CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
1. One of the Most Important Changes You Will Ever Make.
2. The First Steps to Discovering Your Anger Style.
3. Discovering Your Primary Anger Style.
4. Variations on a Theme: Discovering Your Secondary Anger Style.
PART TWO: CHANGING YOUR ANGER STYLE.
5. The First Steps to Change.
6. Modifying or Transforming an Aggressive Style.
7. From Passive to Assertive.
8. From Passive-Aggressive to Assertive.
9. Transforming a Projective-Aggressive Style.
PART THREE: MOVING AHEAD AND MOVING BEYOND.
10. Honoring Other People's Anger.
11. Getting Beyond Your Anger.
Number Of Pages: 288
Published: 22nd October 2004
Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.0 x 15.2 x 1.4
Weight (kg): 0.34
Edition Number: 1