Higher Engineering Science aims to provide students with an understanding of the scientific principles that underpin the design and operation of modern engineering systems. It builds a sound scientific foundation for further study of electronics, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering.
The text is ideal for students, including numerous features designed to aid student learning and put theory into practice:
* Worked examples with step-by-step guidance and hints
* Highlighted key points, applications and practical activities
* Self-check questions included throughout the text
* Problems sections with full answers supplied
Further worked examples, applications, case studies and assignments have also been incorporated into this second edition.
Assuming a minimum of prior knowledge, the book has been written to suit courses with an intake from a range of educational backgrounds. The new edition has been designed specifically to cater for the compulsory core Engineering Science unit for HNC and HND qualifications, and updated throughout to match the syllabus of the new BTEC Higher National Engineering schemes from Edexcel. It will also prove ideal for introductory science modules in degree courses.
* Updated throughout to cover the compulsory Engineering Science unit of the new Higher National schemes from Edexcel
* Worked examples, problems and answers sections enable readers to apply theory to engineering practice
* Assumes a minimum of prior knowledge - ideal for students from a range of educational backgrounds