This work deals with the effect of hearing development - impaired and normal - on the child's acquisition of language skills. Emphasis is placed on the importance of the early educational and social management of the hearing-impaired child.
1. Auditory and speech perception in the normally hearing adult: an overview.
2. Development of auditory and speech perception: an overview.
3. Development of language in the normally hearing child: an overview.
4. Hearing disorders in children: an overview.
5.Auditory perception in sensorineural hearing loss.
6. Language disability and sensorineural hearing loss.
7. Fluctuating conductive hearing loss.
8. Reading disability in sensorineural hearing loss.
9. Unilateral hearing loss.
10. Central auditory dysfunction.
Series: Studies in Disorders of Communication
Number Of Pages: 300
Published: 10th January 1991
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 22.86 x 15.24 x 1.65
Weight (kg): 0.41
Edition Number: 2
Edition Type: Revised