1. Health and Media: An Overview (Clive Seale).
2. ?Radical Blueprint for Social Change?? Media
Representations of New Labour?s Policies and Inequalities on
Public Health (Rosemary Davidson, Kate Hunt and Jenny
3. Narrativity and the Mediation of Health Reform Agendas
(Darrin Hodgetts and Kerry Chamberlain.
4. Going Public: References to the News Media in NHS Contract
Negotiations (David Hughes and Lesley Gruffitgs).
5. ?Ignorance is Bliss Sometimes?: Constraints on
the Emergence of the ?Informed Patient? in the Changing
Landscapes of Health Information (Flis Henwood, Sally Wyatt, Angie
Hart and Julie Smith).
6. Media Activism and Internet Use by People with HIV/AIDS
7. Popular Media and ?Excessive Daytime Sleepiness?:
A Study of Rhetorical Authority in Medical Sociology (Steve
8. Bio-phobias/Techno-philias: Virtual Reality Exposure as
Treatment for Phobias of ?Nature? (Joyce Davidson and
9. Healthy Viewing: The Reception of Medical Narratives (Solange
10. ?About a Year Before the Breakdown I Was Having
Symptoms?: Sadness, Pathology and the Australian Newspaper
Media (Rob Rowe, Farida Tilbury, Mark Rapley and Ilse
Notes on Contributors.
Series: Sociology of Health and Illness Monographs
Number Of Pages: 192
Published: 21st May 2004
Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 228.53 x 156.37
Weight (kg): 0.24
Edition Number: 1