Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book!
All you need to know to keep your chooks healthy and content from the popular ABC Organic Gardener magazine.
Whatever size your backyard, you can keep hens and collect fresh eggs every day!
Featuring the best of Organic Gardener magazine's expert advice, Happy Hens is packed with everything you need to know about caring for your chooks, whether you are just starting out or already have a flock.
You will discover:
• What to look for when buying chickens so you start with healthy, happy layers.
• A handy guide to the best backyard breeds available in Australia
• How to choose the right bird for your needs - whether you want top egg producers, live in a hot climate, or need to find the perfect chooks for a tiny plot.
• Great tips on housing and caring for your hens, what to feed them and how to keep them safe from predators and pests. There are even instructions for a DIY hen house.
• Troubleshooting tips to solve the most common chook problems.
• If you're feeling clucky, learn how to incubate and raise chicks.
With Happy Hens, it's easy to keep your backyard flock happy, healthy - and productive.
Great book, easy to read, handy for reference for raising chickens. Best of all it is Australian. Highly recommend
ISBN: 9780733334498 ISBN-10: 0733334490 Audience:
Number Of Pages: 272 Published: 1st September 2015 Publisher: ABC Books Country of Publication: AU Dimensions (cm): 22.0 x 18.2
Weight (kg): 0.71