The annual bible for lovers of Australian wine, detailing the best wineries and vintages of the key regions.
Halliday Wine Companion is recognized as the industry benchmark for Australian wine. The 2019 edition has been completely revised to bring you up-to-the-minute information. In his inimitable style, James Halliday shares his extensive knowledge of wine through detailed tasting notes with points, price, value symbol, and advice on best-by drinking, as well as each wine’s closure and alcohol content. He provides information about wineries and winemakers, including vineyard sizes, opening times, and contact details.
• This is the bible for lovers of Australian wine—it is highly anticipated by wine connoisseurs each year.
• Includes a comprehensive list of the best wines and wineries that Australia has to offer.
• Includes reviews, styles, prices and the history of wineries reviewed by James Halliday.
• Listed alphabetically either by region or winery.
• Includes James Halliday’s famous 5-star rating system -- wineries use his reviews in marketing for their wines.
About the Author
James Halliday is an unmatched authority on every aspect of the Australian wine industry. His winemaking has led him to sojourns in Bordeaux and Burgundy, and he has had a long career as an international wine judge. In 1995 he received the Australian wine industry’s ultimate accolade, the Maurice O’Shea Award, and in 2010 he was made a Member of the Order of Australia.
Series: Halliday Wine Companion
Number Of Pages: 776
Published: 2nd August 2018
Publisher: Hardie Grant Books
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 23.4 x 15.3 x 6.2
Weight (kg): 1.3