Physiotherapist Esther Macdonald is living the Australian dream, and it doesn't surprise her.
After all, her father has always said, "Follow Jesus and be blessed." But at twenty-eight, her world shatters. Everyone assures her God will come through for her, but what happens when he doesn't? Has she offended God? Is her faith too small? So many conflicting explanations.
Will finding the truth cost her the people closest to her heart?
Runner up - 2015 Athanatos Christian Novel Contest
Contemporary Christian fiction; Inspirational Christian fiction;
Similar authors: Francine Rivers
- This book is about 'The Question' - what life is about and what is most important. In-depth wrestling with hard questions that have even harder answers. The exploration of complex ideas in plain conversations that one can actually imagine taking place. (Trix Wilkins -author/editor)
- Inspiring and moving ... this book will stir you to reflect deeply about your faith and relationship with God. Yet it is an easy and enjoyable read - I read it in one sitting. (Robby B, Goodreads reviewer).
- If you have ever grappled with the big questions of life, 'Why does God allow suffering? Do I deserve to be forgiven? What is the true God really like?' this book is for you. With a gripping story-line and excellent theology this book is a 'must' read. (Jane C. Goodreads reviewer)
- Made me think how I could share Jesus with others in a meaningful, practical and intelligent way. Challenged my thoughts on the place of healing in the life of a Christian and explored what it looks like to follow Jesus. (Ruth F. -pastor's wife)
- Esther seemed to have life together- a secure job, doting boyfriend and meaning to life. Then life started to crumble ... book of hope ... it brings perspective to pain whether the pain is in the body or heart. The hope and help for Esther comes from unexpected sources. (Marilyn S. - missionary)