Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book!
The best-selling Built to Last answered the question of what it takes to build an enduring, great company from the ground up. Good To Great answers an even more compelling question: can a good company become a great one and, if so, how?
Built to Last was a phenomenal success: 'It is a fair assumption that as the seminal importance of this book begins to permeate the upper echelons of business and business schools.
Collins and Porras will emerge as the gurus to watch over the next decade.'
Good To Great explores a whole new concept, backed by the rigorous research standards which gave Built to Last such an impact.
About the Author
Jim Collins is a student of companies - great ones, good ones, weak ones, failed ones - from young start-ups to venerable sesquicentenarians. The author of the national bestseller Good To Great and co-author of Built to Last, he serves as a teacher to leaders throughout the corporate and social sectors. His most recent book is Great by Choice, a look at why some companies thrive in uncertain times. His work has been featured in Fortune, Business Week, The Economist, USA Today, and Harvard Business Review.
"...the biggest selling and most influential management book of the new millennium." * Financial Times * "...seminal..." * The Times * "...a must-read..." * Management Today * "Peppered with dozens of stories and examples from the great and not-so-great, Collins lays a well-reasoned roadmap to excellence that any organisation would do well to consider. Like Built to Last, Good to Great is one of those books that managers and CEOs will be reading and rereading for years to come." * Amazon.co.uk Review * "in this category (management books) there is nothing to touch Jim Collins... It is essential reading." * Sunday Times Business Books of the Year *
1. Good is the Enemy of Great -- the scope of the project
2. Level 5 Leadership -- the type of leader required, humble and ferocious
3. First Who .... Then What -- how companies set the foundation for their shift from good to great
4. Confront the Brutal Facts (Yet Never Lose Faith) -- the duality that leads to greatness
5. Hedgehog Concept -- how to find the one big thing your company must focus on
6. A Culture of Discipline -- the magical alchemy of great performance
7. Technology Accelerators -- technology is a trap, unless used right
8. The Flywheel and the Doom Loop -- how to build sustained momentum and avoid the 'new regime, new revolution' doom loop
9. From Good To Great to Built to Last -- how to take a company from great to enduring great.
Appendices: Good To Great in: the New Economy; non-Profits; Government; Investors; outside the US.
Plus four research appendices
ISBN: 9780712676090 ISBN-10: 0712676090 Audience:
Number Of Pages: 320 Published: November 2001 Publisher: Cornerstone Country of Publication: GB Dimensions (cm): 24.0 x 16.1
Weight (kg): 0.56
Edition Number: 1
About the Author
Jim Collins is author or coauthor of six books that have sold in total more than ten million copies worldwide, including the bestsellers Good to Great, Built to Last, and How the Mighty Fall. Jim began his research and teaching career on the faculty at Stanford Graduate School of Business, where he received the Distinguished Teaching Award in 1992.
He now operates a management laboratory in Boulder, Colorado, where he conducts research, teaches, and consults with executives from the corporate and social sectors.