As seen in the Sony Pictures 2016 film Ghostbusters, the ultimate guide to identifying, understanding, and engaging with any paranormal activity that plagues you
Years before they made headlines with the Ghostbusters, Erin Gilbert and Abby L. Yates published the groundbreaking study of the paranormal, Ghosts from Our Past. Once lost to history, this criminally underappreciated book is now updated for the new century.
According to Gilbert and Yates, “extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence,” and whether you’re a believer or a skeptic, you’ll find the information you’re seeking right here in this extraordinary book, including:
• The childhood experiences that inspired Erin and Abby’s lifelong passion for the scientific study of the paranormal
• The history of ghosts and other supernatural entities, the science that explains their existence, and profiles of the groundbreaking paranormal researchers who have investigated them
• An illustrated guide to Class I through Class VII ghosts
• Helpful sidebars like “A Ghost by Any Other Name” and “Ectoplasm Cleanup Tips”
• Updates including “The Ghostbusters’ Arsenal” by Jillian Holtzmann and “Haunted History” by Patty Tolan
• A new Ghostbusting Resources appendix, featuring the “Paranormal Quickstart Guide”, “Is It a Ghost? A Handy Quiz”, “A Supernatural Stakeout Journal”, “The Devil’s Dictionary: Paraterminology You Need to Know”
With this helpful—and hilarious—official Ghostbusters guide in hand, you’ll be prepared for almost any spirit, spook, or spectre that comes your way. As for the rest, you know who to call.
"The book in Ghostbusters is real and [it] will be your new fave summer read.... Whether or not you believe in ghosts, this book isn't one to pass up, especially if you're a huge Ghostbusters fan."
--Bustle "A highly recommended purchase for Ghostheads.... The jewel among [the new merchandise] hands down."
"[Incorporates] plenty of the trademark Ghostbusters snark and wit that fans have come to love."
--The Dallas-Fort Worth Ghostbusters
"Surprisingly well researched... Not only entertaining but a good resource for fans."
--The NYC Ghostbusters
"A good understanding of the 'science' behind ghostbusting."
"Spectral entries are real--and dangerous. If only I'd taken Drs. Gilbert and Yates's research seriously, I could have saved myself thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket expenses."
--Martin Heiss, former chairman of the Council for Logic and Data
--Dr. Harold Filmore, head of the Columbia University Physics Department
"An imaginative work of fiction, written by two women I have most definitely never met. Are you recording this? Turn that off."
--New York City's Mayor Bradley