Written by a renowned genealogy expert, this fully updated bestseller shows you how to use both traditional and online genealogy research methods. Thoroughly revised for the latest tools and techniques, How to Do Everything: Genealogy, Fourth Edition uniquely addresses all the different genealogical record types, explaining traditional and digital research strategies.
It defines the basic rules of genealogical evidence, explains how to evaluate source materials, and describes proven research methods. This practical guide shows you how to research your family history using the most current websites, social networking sites, record archives, newly released and forthcoming census data, digital records, new frontiers in DNA research, and more.
The latest technological tools such as hardware and software are also covered. Featuring global resources from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and Australia in a single volume, this book reveals how to:
-Organize and create your family tree
- Research census documents, military service records, and land and property rolls
- Locate difficult-to-find records Use the most efficient internet search techniques
- Plan a successful genealogy research trip
- Evaluate sources for authenticity
- Research and verify ancestors using genetic genealogy (DNA)
- Get past brick walls and dead ends in your research
- Use social networking sites and collaboration techniques
About the Author
George G. Morgan, president of Aha! Seminars, Inc., is a popular speaker at international genealogical conferences. He is cohost, with Drew Smith, of The Genealogy GuysSM Podcast, the longest-running genealogy podcast with thousands of listeners worldwide. They are the coauthors of Advanced Genealogy Research Techniques.
Series: How to Do Everything
Number Of Pages: 512
Published: 2nd February 2015
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education - Europe
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.1 x 18.8 x 2.7
Weight (kg): 0.75
Edition Number: 4
Edition Type: Revised