Calling all ink addicts! If you want to celebrate your passion for something in the form of a tattoo—or are just fascinated by them—Geek Ink will have you covered, literally and figuratively. This tattoo inspiration sourcebook and ultimate coffee table book presents mind-blowing tattoos on themes from science fiction and fantasy, as well as a wide range of topics across science, mathematics, literature, fine art, cult cinema, and philosophy.
The cutting-edge designs from the most sought-after and acclaimed contemporary tattoo artists from around the world cover all types of fandom. Among the topics:
- Fine art: Gustav Klimt, Michelangelo, Dali, and Van Gogh
- Films: Star Wars, Batman, Back to the Future, Metropolis, The Wizard of Oz, The Gremlins, My Neigbor Totoro, Pulp Fiction
- Literature: Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland, The Little Prince, Life of Pi
- Television: Twin Peaks, Game of Thrones, The Simpsons, Family Guy, X-Files
- Mathematics and geometry, including a Fibonacci vortex and intricate mandalas
- Animals, both realistic and abstract
You will also find hyper-realistic floral designs
, intricately detailed botanicals
, and whimsical and puzzling works of surrealism
. The tattoo styles range from sublimely simple line drawings to masterpieces that would have you spending days on end in the chair. The artwork is organized into two sections: the first, by artist, with an introduction to 25 of the world’s greatest tattoo artists
, and the second, by theme.
Geek Ink incorporates commentary from creators of the Inkstinct project—which connects people with the finest tattoo art from 380,000 studios worldwide and has an Instagram fan base of more than 1 million—as well as interviews with world-renowned masters like Balazs Bercsenyi, David Cote, and Thomas Eckeard. Embrace your weird
with this definitive source for tattoo inspiration and appreciation.