"Tom Valentine and his co-authors have given us a beautifully clear introduction to the most important topic in economics today. There is an excellent chapter on the global financial crisis, and the reader is guided through the basic theory of the modern financial system with the help of real life examples."
- Alan Mitchell, Economics Editor, The Australian Financial Review
Fundamentals of Financial Markets and Institutions provides students with a comprehensive introduction to the Australian and international financial markets. It clearly explains the theories and describes the models used by these markets.
Written in a student-friendly style, the text is completely Australian. It is the only Australian Financial Markets text with up to the minute currency and a global emphasis.
This text is written in a clear, easy-to-understand manner to give students a fundamental introduction to financial markets without overwhelming them. It is the perfect book for any first year financial institutions course looking to enhance student success.
1. Financial Markets
2. Debt Securities and Markets
3. Introduction to Financial Calculations
4. Banks and Other Deposit Taking Institutions
5. The Payments System
6. Managed and Superannuation Funds
7. Interest Rates, the Yield Curve and Monetary Policy
8. The Foreign Exchange Market
9. Listed Securities
10. Fixed Rate Derivatives
12. Global Financial Crisis
13. Managing Foreign Exchange Risk
14. Managing Interest Rate Risk
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 464
Published: 6th September 2010
Publisher: Pearson Education Australia
Country of Publication: AU
Edition Number: 1