Map your own adventure. New York City Day by Day is the perfect answer for travelers determined to know the top places to visit and the best way to see the Big Apple. It’s written by award-winning travel journalist and nationally-syndicated radio talk show host Pauline Frommer.
Packed with color photos, this bestselling guide offers dozens of itineraries that show you how to see the best of New York in a short time, with bulleted maps leading the way from sight to sight. Featuring a full range of thematic and neighborhood tours, plus dining, lodging, shopping, nightlife, and practical visitor info, New York City Day by Day is the only guide that helps travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip.
Inside this book you'll find:
About the Author
- Full-color images throughout, with hundreds of photos and dozens of maps
- Sample one- to three-day itineraries, including New York's Greatest Buildings, Chelsea for Art Lovers, Chinatown & the Lower East Side, the Best Small Museums, Greenwich Village, Historic Harlem, and more
- Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants, and attractions to clue you in on great finds and values
- Info for planning romantic holidays in the city, as well as how to see NYC with kids in tow or on a strict budget
- Tear-resistant foldout map in a handy, reclosable plastic wallet
- Foldout front cover, with at-a-glance maps and quick-reference info
Pauline Frommer started traveling with her guidebook-writing parents at the age of four months and hasn't stopped since. Her first job in travel was on the website Frommers.com, and eventually she worked her way up to Editor in Chief. Pauline also served as Travel Editor for MSNBC.com for several years, before working with John Wiley and Sons to create the award-winning Pauline Frommer Guidebooks
, a 14-book series that won the coveted "Best Guidebook of the Year" title three years in a row from the North American Travel Journalists Association and once from the Society of American Travel Writers)