Written for both the experienced practitioner and the newcomer, this book provides essential guidance to the practical aspects of free radical chain reactions. The book presents tried and tested synthetic schemes as well as a selection of recently developed methods describing rationally designed, highly efficient syntheses giving high yield interconversions of functional groups and carbon*b1carbon bond formation under mild, neutral conditions.
Written by two experienced practitioners in the field, this volume explodes the myth that free radicals are highly reactive, non-selective intermediates.
* Contains an extensive introduction discussing principles, advantages, and disadvantages of radical chain reactions
* Demonstrates functional group interconversions by radical chain reactions
* Lists carbon*b1carbon bond formations
* Presents inter- and intramolecular radical chain reactions
* Includes many examples and experimental details selected by experienced practitioners in this field
Series: Best Synthetic Methods
Number Of Pages: 288
Published: 8th November 1991
Publisher: Elsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 23.39 x 15.6
Weight (kg): 0.59