Foundations of Massage 3e is a comprehensive practical and theoretical foundation for all aspects of massage therapy.
The book prepares students for clinical practice through the presentation of step by step techniques and treatments. This revision of this Australian text for the practice of massage therapy includes new material on specialised application of massage, such as providing services for people with disabilities, working in aged care and providing services for people with chronic disease states and life challenging illnesses.
- More than 350 illustrations and photographs of manual applications
- Questions and activities at the end of each chapter
- Comprehensive glossary
New to this Edition
- Evidence for massage therapy completely revised and updated
- Inclusion of references to legislative and regulatory information to massage therapy practitioners
- Expanded anatomy illustrations in full colour appendices
- A more comprehensive chapter on pregnancy massage updated by well known international author Suzanne Yates
- A more comprehensive chapter on infant massage
- History chapter has been expanded to include influences on the massage industry from Europe and North America