* Five-step problem solving process. A five-step methodology for solving problems is used throughout the text. Each step is clearly identified to help students focus on the process of breaking a problem into smaller components and then addressing the smaller components throughout the text. The five steps are:
* State the problem clearly.
* Describe the input and the output.
* Work the problem by hand (or with a calculator) for a specific set of data.
* Develop a solution that is general in nature.
* Test the algorithm with a variety of data sets.
* Key Topics Covered - arithmetic computations, control structures, array processing, external procedures, and data types, and pointers.
* Includes real-world applications throughout.
Solving Problems with Fortran 90
Arithmetic Computations and Simple Programs
Engineering and Scientific Data Files
Additional Data Types
An Introduction to Pointers
Appendix A: Fortran 90 Intrinsic Functions
Solutions to Try It! Exercises
Answers to Selected Problems
Series: Engineer's Toolkit
Number Of Pages: 288
Published: 1st January 1995
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 27.43 x 21.57 x 0.94
Weight (kg): 0.59
Edition Number: 1