Household cats are happy to lie about, preferably in a sunny spot, their only effort a trip to the food bowl or litter box. It is up to their humans to keep them healthy, physically active and mentally engaged. Fit Cat provides cat owners with a road map to the best care they can give their feline companions.
In 14 chapters, the book covers every part of a cat's life. There is information seldom covered in cat books - such as budgeting, staying in hotels, assessing health at home and reducing anxiety - and also includes problem solving and more than a dozen games that will engage even the laziest of cats.
- How Healthy is Your Cat? - veterinarian, medications
- Knowing Your Cat - feline emotions, popular breeds, what gestures and meows reveal
- Grooming and Hygiene - hair, nails, teeth and gums
- Food and Nutrition - portion size, foods, treats, weight
- Behavior Issues - tackling problem behaviors like attacking ankles and waking you up
- Basic and Advanced Tricks - training command, cat psychology
- The Indoor Life - scratching posts, beds, play
- Litter Training - litter boxes, cleaning, solving problems like going outside the box
- Travel - airplanes, boats, hotels, anxiety, kitty-proofing a hotel room
- Pet First Aid - emergencies, CPR, first aid kit, bleeding, bee stings, burns
- Socializing - cat to cat, cat to dog, cat to people, cat to spouse/mate/guest, cats and birds
- Budgeting - how to lower expenses, what never to cut out, homemade toys, pet insurance
- The Early Years - kitten care
- The Senior Years - tips, pet-proof the house, dementia, euthanasia, adopting a senior cat, feline trivia.
There are at least 74 million and as many as 96 million pet cats in America alone. More than 2.7 million people "like" cats on Facebook. For millions of cat lovers who want only to give their pets a long, happy and healthy life. Fit Cat
has the expert advice and guidance to do just that.
About the Author
Arden Moore happily wears many "collars" in the pet world: radio show host, author, professional speaker, editor, media consultant and master pet first-aid instructor. Her mission: bringing out the best in pets and their people. Each week, one million tune into her Oh Behave Show
on Pet Life Radio. The founder of Four Legged Life and creator of National Dog Party Day, Arden shares her home with two dogs, two cats and an overworked vacuum cleaner.
"Moore breaks down the personalities for the three basic cat face shapes to help determine the ideal human companions for each." - Lindsay Putnam, New York Post
"Easy to read and so well organized... I would highly recommend this." - Natosha Miller, Test Try Results Blog