The updated guide to the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists final fellowship examination.
The format of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) final examination has evolved in recent years. This updated exam guide keeps pace with these developments and assists anaesthetic trainees in preparation for the exam.
Examination Anaesthesia, 2nd Edition is a comprehensive study guide that focuses solely on the anaesthetic exam, eliminating confusion between this and the intensive care exams.
This invaluable medical text itemises all requirements of the Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA) training scheme.
Components of the final examination are also detailed, including a breakdown of the marking scheme and recent results.
Helpful resources outlined in Examination Anaesthesia, 2nd Edition include new developments on the ANZCA website, textbooks, journals and exam courses along with a broad list of anaesthesia reference and review articles.
Trainees will also benefit from separate chapters based on the major components of the written and clinical ANZCA examinations, plus practical strategies for restructuring life around exam preparation.
New to this Edition
- details of the new examination format, including altered component weighting, spatial and temporal separation of medical and anaesthesia vivas
- upgraded information on ANZCA exam preparation courses
- an expanded chapter on approaching the exam's written components
- expansion of the medical viva chapter to include 21 case examples with increased representation of cardiovascular, endocrine and neurological conditions
- dissection of recent exams, listing short answer and viva questions under relevant topic headings to assist study
- a rewritten data interpretation section with a focus on anaesthetic practice - many new radiographs, electrocardiographs and other tabulated data, including echocardiography, arterial blood gas analysis, coagulation studies and sleep studies
- a completely updated reference and review article section
List of abbreviations
Chapter 1: Overview of the FANZCA final examination
Chapter 2: Preparation for the final examination
Chapter 3: The written examination
Chapter 4: The medical vivas
Chapter 5: The anaesthesia vivas
Chapter 6: Data interpretation for the ANZCA examination
Chapter 7: Useful reference and review articles
Number Of Pages: 241
Published: 15th December 2010
Publisher: Elsevier Australia
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 24.1 x 17.0
Weight (kg): 0.48
Edition Number: 2
Edition Type: Revised