After volume 33, this book series was replaced by the journal "Evolutionary Biology." Please visit www.springer.com/11692 for further information.
Volume 30 brings readers up to date on the investigation of eminent evolutionary biologists and paleobiologists. Contributions explore such topics as
- Adaptation in Drosophila and the role of cytochrome P450s
- Population genetics and species conservation of the cheetah
- germ-layer theory
- assymetry in the mammalian skeleton
- genetic diversity of marine fish
- the phenomenon of industrial melanism
- the variation in lizard cranal kinesis.
Other chapters focus on such issues as overdominance and its relation to higher mutation-rate estimates and the use of molecular clocks in determining the rate of nucleotide substitution in higher plants.
Series: Evolutionary Biology : Book 30
Number Of Pages: 370
Published: 30th April 1998
Publisher: SPRINGER VERLAG GMBH
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 22.86 x 15.24
Weight (kg): 0.72