Designed to support the way you learn
Whether you learn best by applying knowledge, assimilating information through visuals, working equations, or reading explanations of concepts, Milo Koretsky’s Engineering and Chemical Thermodynamics provides the support you need to develop a deeper and more complete understanding of thermodynamics and its application to real-world problems.
- An integrated presentation of molecular concepts with thermodynamic principles provides greater access to the material than mathematical derivations alone.
- Learning objectives and chapter summaries are organized from the most significant concepts down.
- Schematic presentations of key concepts help visual learners.
- End-of-chapter problems promote real synthesis and conceptual understanding.
- Questions about key points and examples provide opportunities for reflection.
- Coverage of equilibrium in the solid phase brings you up-to-speed on this increasingly important topic.
ThermoSolver software—solve complex problems quickly and easily!
Improve tour ability to solve problems and understand key concepts with ThermoSolver software! This easy-to-use, menu-driven software enables you to perform more complex calculations, so you can explore a wide range of problems. ThermoSolver software is integrated with equations from the text, allowing you to make connections between thermodynamic concepts and the software output. ThermoSolver is FREE for download from the Student Companion Site at www.wiley.com/college/koretsky.
Chapter 1. Measured Thermodynamic Properties and Other Basic Concepts.
Chapter 2. The First Law of Thermodynamics.
Chapter 3. Entropy and the Second Law of Thermodynamic.
Chapter 4. Equations of State and Intermolecular Forces.
Chapter 5. The Thermodynamic Web.
Chapter 6. Phase Equilibria I: Problem Formulation.
Chapter 7. Phase Equilibria II: Fugacity.
Chapter 8. Phase Equilibria III: Phase Diagrams.
Chapter 9. Chemical Reaction Equilibria.
Appendix A: Physical Property Data.
Appendix B: Steam Tables.
Appendix C: Lee-Kesler Generalized Correlation Tables.
Appendix D: Unit Systems.
Appendix E: ThermoSolver Software.
Appendix F: References.