Electromagnetism sets a new standard in physics education. Throughout the book, the theory is illustrated with real-life applications in modern technology. It also includes detailed worked examples and step-by-step explanations to help students develop their problem-solving strategies and skills and consolidate their understanding. In addition to a meticulous development of these traditional, analytical mathematical approaches, students are also introduced to a range of techniques required for solving problems using computers. Electromagnetism provides an ideal preparation for students who plan more advanced studies in electrodynamics as well as those moving into industry or engineering.
1. History and Perspective.
2. Vector Calculus.
3. Basic Principles of Electrostatics.
4. Electrostatics and Conductors.
5. General Methods for Laplace's Equation.
6. Electrostatics and Dielectrics.
7. Electric Current.
9. Magnet Fields in Matter.
10. Electromagnetic Induction.
11. The Maxwell Equations.
12. Relativity and Electrodynamics.
13. Optics and Electromagnetic Waves.
14. Eave Guides and Transmission Lines.
15. Radiation by Currents and Charges.
Number Of Pages: 680
Published: 12th October 2001
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.9 x 19.1
Weight (kg): 1.23
Edition Number: 1