This is a collection of the key articles written by renowned Wittgenstein scholar, G.P. Baker, on Wittgenstein???s later philosophy, published posthumously.
- Following Baker???s death in 2002, the volume has been edited by collaborator and partner, Katherine Morris.
- Contains articles previously only available in other languages, and one previously unpublished paper.
- Completely distinct from the widely-known work Baker did with P.M.S. Hacker in the Analytical Commentary on the Philosophical Investigations (Blackwell Publishing, 1980-1996).
Introduction by Katherine J. Morris.
Part I: Reading Wittgenstein.
A. Methodological Concepts:.
1. Philosophical Investigations ??122: Neglected Aspects.
2. Some Remarks on ???Language??? and ???Grammar???.
3. Wittgenstein???s ???Depth Grammar???.
4. Wittgenstein on Metaphysical/Everyday Use.
B. Applications: the ???Private Language Argument':.
5. The Reception of the Private Language Argument.
6. Wittgenstein???s Method and the Private Language Argument.
7. The Private Language Argument (extract).
Part II: Wittgenstein and Waismann:.
A. The Analogy with Psychoanalysis:.
8. ???Our??? Method of Thinking about ???Thinking???.
9. A Vision of Philosophy.
10. Wittgenstein???s Method and Psychoanalysis.
B. Aspects and Conceptions:.
11. Italics in Wittgenstein.
12. Wittgenstein: Concepts or Conceptions?.
13. The Grammar of Aspects and Aspects of Grammar.
Bibliography of the Works of Gordon Baker.