The Finite Element Method for Fluid Dynamics
eBookPublished: 21st November 2013
or 4 easy payments of $47.44 with Learn more
- IOS and Android Devices (Booktopia Reader app)
- PC & Mac (Adobe Digital Editions)
- Kobo / Sony / eReaders
- Amazon Kindle
- Windows Smart Phones
- Adobe Overdrive
- Resizeable Text
- Flowing Text
- Reproducing or Printing Pages
The Finite Element Method for Fluid Dynamics offers a complete introduction the application of the finite element method to fluid mechanics. The book begins with a useful summary of all relevant partial differential equations before moving on to discuss convection stabilization procedures, steady and transient state equations, and numerical solution of fluid dynamic equations.
The character-based split (CBS) scheme is introduced and discussed in detail, followed by thorough coverage of incompressible and compressible fluid dynamics, flow through porous media, shallow water flow, and the numerical treatment of long and short waves. Updated throughout, this new edition includes new chapters on:
- Fluid-structure interaction, including discussion of one-dimensional and multidimensional problems.
- Biofluid dynamics, covering flow throughout the human arterial system.
Focusing on the core knowledge, mathematical and analytical tools needed for successful computational fluid dynamics (CFD), The Finite Element Method for Fluid Dynamics is the authoritative introduction of choice for graduate level students, researchers and professional engineers.
- A proven keystone reference in the library of any engineer needing to understand and apply the finite element method to fluid mechanics.
- Founded by an influential pioneer in the field and updated in this seventh edition by leading academics who worked closely with Olgierd C. Zienkiewicz.
- Features new chapters on fluid-structure interaction and biofluid dynamics, including coverage of one-dimensional flow in flexible pipes and challenges in modeling systemic arterial circulation.
Number Of Pages: 584
Published: 21st November 2013
More eBooks in Civil Engineering
This Product Is Categorised By
- Non-Fiction » Engineering & Technology » Biochemical Engineering
- Non-Fiction » Engineering & Technology » Civil Engineering
- Non-Fiction » Engineering & Technology » Environmental Science
- Non-Fiction » Engineering & Technology » Mechanical Engineering & Materials » Mechanical Engineering
- Non-Fiction » Engineering & Technology » Transport Technology & Trades » Aerospace & Aviation Technology
- Non-Fiction » Mathematics » Applied Mathematics
- Non-Fiction » Mathematics » Calculus & Mathematical Analysis
- Non-Fiction » Science » Physics » Classical Mathematics » Fluid Mechanics