Sorry, the eBook that you are looking for is not available right now.
We did a search for other eBooks with a similar title, however there were no matches. You can try selecting from a similar category, click on the author's name, or use the search box above to find your eBook.
Reproductive technologies to assist in both human conception and animal breeding are increasingly in demand. These technologies, along with the advent of tissue engineering, have propelled the challenges of tissue collection, preservation, and banking to the research forefront. Using examples drawn from reproductive technologies, Reproductive Tissue Banking presents the scientific principles underlying tissue banking. These examples serve as models for the technology of banking other living tissues, including blood, bone marrow, cornea, and skin. In discussing research emerging from their laboratories and those of others, the authors meld fundamentals of biology, chemistry, and physics with the latest discoveries in the field to give the reader profound insight into research directions and ethical considerations crucial to the advancement of tissue banking.
With its emphasis on human applications and concerns, this book provides a valuable supplement to short courses on tissue preservation and tissue engineering. Researchers in reproductive medicine, animal and veterinary science, and cryobiology will find this book, with its extensive bibliography, a very handy reference.
* Written by leading international researchers
* Provides insightful discussions on reproductive tissue banking
* Presents comprehensive citations to relevant literature, both current and historic
* Discusses in vitro preservation of spermatozoa, oocytes, embryos, and gonadal tissues of mammals
* Contains coverage of ethical considerations from a discussion of the splitting of embryos to an exploration of the protection of biodiversity
Published: 20th March 1997