Researchers and clinicians working with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders (OCD) and related disorders who need the most current information available will find this volume of great use. This work covers contemporary theory, research, and treatment of the various subtypes of OCD and problems often referred to as OCD spectrum disorders.
As the mental health field considers the next iteration of the DSM, an entire research agenda is being planned to elucidate issues such as how best to understand and classify OCD. The questions of subtypes and spectrum disorders are at the heart of this issue and will guide how OCD is conceptualized in DSM-V. This volume, dedicated to such diagnostic, theoretical, and treatment issues, helps informs the field of the most up-to-date knowledge and what remains to be resolved.
* Deconstructs OCD into its subtypes
* Reviews current research and treatment for these problems
* Considers how OCD will be conceptualized in DSM-V
* Represents an international scope with contributions from field experts in psychology, psychiatry, and social work
* Includes critical discussion of the OCD subtype and OCD spectrum concepts
Number Of Pages: 313
Published: 28th April 2011
Publisher: Elsevier Science