Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet USA is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze into the mile-deep chasm of the Grand Canyon, tap into the pulse of iconic cities like New York, or let sultry southern music and food stir your soul; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the USA and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet USA Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, national parks, wildlife, cuisine and wine
- Over 96 maps
- Covers New England, New York, the Mid-Atlantic, Florida, the South, Great Lakes, Great Plains, Texas, Rocky Mountains, Southwest, Pacific Northwest, California, Alaska, Hawaii, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet USA , our most comprehensive guide to the USA, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of the USA? Check out Lonely Planet Discover USA, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on New York City, San Francisco or Los Angeles? Check out our Lonely Planet New York City guide, San Francisco guide, and Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California guide for a comprehensive look at all these cities has to offer; Discover New York City or Discover San Francisco, photo-rich guides focused on these cities' most popular attractions; or Lonely Planet Pocket New York City, Pocket San Francisco, and Pocket Los Angeles guides, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.