Help your child develop healthy eating habits that will last a lifetime<br> <br> Most children establish lifelong eating patterns between the ages of 8 and 18. This practical and authoritative guide is the ultimate resource for parents who want to help their children adopt and enjoy a diet that will keep them healthy, well nourished, and physically fit, both now and for the rest of their lives.<br> <br> Eating Right from 8 to 18 helps you educate your children about nutrition; steer them away from a constant diet of junk food and fast food; and provide them with delicious, nutritious meals that will appeal to even the pickiest eaters. You'll also find specific solutions to issues of special concern, such as eating disorders, chronic fad dieting, and more. In this reliable, comprehensive guide, you'll discover:<br> * Clear, easy-to-follow nutritional guidelines for children<br> * More than 100 delicious, nutritious, easy-to-prepare recipes<br> * What to do if your child is naturally underweight or overweight<br> * How to ensure that vegetarian children are getting enough protein<br> * Special nutritional guidelines for young athletes<br> <br> <br> It is hard sometimes to know whether you're doing the right thing for your child. Using the proven solutions and techniques you'll find in Eating Right from 8 to 18, you can solve your child's eating-related problems with complete confidence.
PART ONE: ASSESSING YOUR CHILD 'S NUTRITION STATUS.
1. Is My Child Healthy?: Looking at Your Child's Eating Habits and Weight.
2. Starting Young: Making Sure Your Child Is Getting the Basics Right Now.
3. A Primer on Nutrients: What We Get from Our Food.
4. Should I Be Concerned?: Caffeine, Artificial Sweeteners, Fat Replacers, Dietary Supplements, and Other Food Safety Issues.
PART TWO: NUTRITION SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR CHILD
5. My Child Eats Too Much!: Helping the Overweight Child.
6. My Child's a Beanpole!: Understanding the Special Concerns of the Naturally Underweight Child.
7. My Child Won't Eat Handling the Picky Eater.
8. Does My Child Have an Eating Disorder?: A Parent's Greatest Fear.
9. The Vegetarian Child: Is My Child Getting the Right Nutrition?
10. What If My Child Has a Food Allergy or Sensitivity?
11. My Child, the Athlete.
12. Help! My Child Only Eats Junk Food.
PART THREE: IMPLEMENTING YOUR FOOD SMARTS.
13. Being a Good Role Model.
14. Plan Your Meals, Plan Your Snacks.
15. Shopping Smart.
16. Reading and Understanding Food Labels.
17. Eating Out and About.
PART FOUR: RECIPES.
Drinks of Choice.
Savory Soups and Stews.
Lunch and Dinner Delights.
Resources and Web Sites.
About the Authors.
Number Of Pages: 240
Published: 1st February 2002
Publisher: Turner Publishing Company
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 22.8 x 15.6
Weight (kg): 0.3