David Hume probably had a greater impact on the field of philosophy of religion than any other single philosopher.
These volumes collect responses to Hume's writings on religion published during his life and posthumously. The set covers a wide range of the replies Hume's writings provoked, including contributions by Philip Skelton, William Adams, Thomas Rutherforth, William Warburton, Anthony Ellys, John Douglas, John Leland, Thomas Stona, Voltaire, George Campbell, Herman Andrew Pistorius, Duncan Shaw, William Samuel Powell, Thomas Hayter, Joseph Milner, William Paley, Charles Moore, Richard Joseph Sulivan, John Hey, Samuel Vince, Lord Brougham and Thomas De Quincey.
- Most items appear here for their first time since their original publication, and are included in their entirety
- Includes many previously undocumented critical discussions of Hume on religious writings
- Includes three German book reviews translated for the first time
- Newly typeset and annotated with introductions
- Part of Early Responses to Hume Series, now available in paperback