Recent policy initiatives illuminate the need for greater teacher awareness about dyslexia in secondary and tertiary education. Yet the debates about dyslexia are often narrowly based and can exclude some teachers. This book attempts to open up the debate by bringing together different ways of talking and thinking about dyslexia. Fundamental questions about how to respond to dyslexia in teaching and support contexts are addressed and the significance of â??exploratory conversionsâ?? between learners and tutors is recognised. The need to restructure â??the structured approachâ?? and to consider meta-affectivity as well as metacognition is explored. Practitioners in both secondary and tertiary sectors can gain ready access to contributions from internationally respected writers and teachers in the field. Alan Hurstâ??s preface refers to â??this important bookâ?? as paving the way to a more truly inclusive attitude and approach to education in and beyond compulsory schooling.
Bridging The Gap.
Part One. Learning in a Secondary school Context.
2. Dyslexia in Adolescence, A Five Year Follow up Study.
3. learning Support in The Secondary School, Needs Analysis.
4. Shaping Policy and practices in Secondary Schools, Support for Learning.
5. Multllingualism and dyslexia.
6. Spelling Support in Secondary Education.
7. Effective Learning in the Secondary School, Teaching Students With Dyslexia to Develop Thinking skills.
8. Supporting Communication in Education,
Part Two, Learning in tertiary Education Contexts.
9. Adult Dyslexia, Partners in Learning.
10. Adult dyslexia, Assessment, Counselling and Training, a. Further Education.
11. effective Support for Adult Learners.
12. Effective Support in Further education.
13. Staff Development in Further Education, Higher Education.
14. A learning Styles and Memory Strategies Questionnaire for The Identification of spld in Higher Education.
15. An Approach to Learning Support in Higher education.
Number Of Pages: 304
Published: 15th October 2001
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 234.56 x 161.02 x 17.03
Weight (kg): 0.5
Edition Number: 1